Feature : Behind The Scenes

5:27 PM



A while ago I teamed up with StartUp Fashion to do a fun little collaboration and share my working process on their Instagram page throughout the day.

It was one of those ''multi-tasking'' days where I tried to do a little bit of everything I've been working on lately which is making accessories and starting up my clothing brand. 

Sometimes I prefer focusing on one thing all day, and other times I just feel like curling up in my bed and cry all day! It's always ups and downs.




When I left my full-time job in November to start my own fashion label, I thought that I would be set and done with at least one collection by April. But guess what, its MUCH harder than I thought it would be. There's so much more to creating a brand than just ''designing a collection''.

Having my own fashion brand has been my dream for a long time, not necessarily since childhood, but since I decided to study fashion design for my BA.
The more I created clothes in college, the more I became passionate about it. I truly fell in love with the feeling of seeing my clothes on the runway, on photos, or simply on a hanger.

I cannot even explain how my heart was flying with joy when I saw my graduation collection down the runway. It really was the best feeling I've ever had in my whole life. I can't describe it in words. All I know is that I want to live for that feeling and no matter how hard things get, I will keep pushing myself forward to make it happen again and again.


It has been a tough journey since I started working on my label in January. There has been times where I wanted to give up and start something else, and times where I stopped believing in myself and my dream. Times I thought I couldn't do it, and that I don't know enough or can't do enough or just not good enough to do it.

Through all these discouraging emotions, I try my best to pick myself back up and make myself believe I can do it. It's hard, but possible. There's always something new to learn.

Nothing in this world is impossible if you work hard enough. Yes, failure is scary, but it can also be fun. You learn and you grow and you try again. Nobody ever made it by getting it all right the first time.

On Startup Fashion's blog, they asked me this question that I'd like to share here for anyone who's on a similar boat : 

IF YOU COULD GIVE ONE PIECE OF ADVICE TO FELLOW EMERGING DESIGNERS, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Sometimes it can be tough. It will be very tough. But you are much stronger than you think you are. Don’t ever give up. Wether you’re just starting up, or you’ve already started.
When things are looking down, look up. Look up to your dreams and chase them. Some days you might just want to stay in bed all day and do nothing at all, and that’s OKAY. Do that, but get back on your feet the next day and keep going. You can do this. Don’t be afraid of failure. Failure can be fun, you learn so much when you fail, you grow and you build your empire as long as you keep trying. Your dreams are there for a reason. Believe in them. Believe in you. Always.

I found some amazing online communities/websites/articles that encourage and help small businesses start and grow. They really have been my little family on the internet lately and I'm so thankful for finding them as they have been helping me with many things I never knew existed.
www.pinterest.com/hindadib/girlboss/





Have an awesome June! And always..
 xox







You Might Also Like

0 comments